- Overseeing daily cash handling, bank transactions, expenses, and reconciliations.
- Ensuring proper reconciliations of proceeds and disbursements with the records of customers and suppliers.
- Monitoring the aging of debts, facilitating recovery, and advising on allowances on impaired debts.
- Managing property, plant, and equipment
- Liaising with the sales department on work performances and billings.
- Preparing and monitoring advances, performance bonds, and guarantees (APG), and ensuring return after job execution
- Reviewing bookings to ensure accuracy, appropriateness of the transactions, and compliance with Value Added Tax (VAT) and Withholding Tax (WHT).
- Monitoring the collection of WHT credit notes from customers and pursuing the WHT credit notes of suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Inventory Management. Overseeing year–end inventory count liaison with auditors. Preparing periodic inventory orders
- Ensuring regulatory/statutory compliance of tax computation matters to include Companies Income Tax, Education Tax, Capital Gain Tax, Deferred Tax, VAT, WHT, and Personal Income Tax (PAYE). Timely filing of returns with appropriate regulatory bodies
- Liaising with the tax consultants in obtaining tax clearance certificates for the company.
- Obtaining the certificate of acceptance from Ministries of Industries annually.
- Ensuring pension deductions are remitted to PFAs.
- Ensuring annual remittance to Industrial Training Fund (ITF) and responding to their queries.
- Handling of Directors fees and expenses ensuring the WHT applicable are deducted and the credit notes obtained.
- Preparing of final account at year-end for audit and statutory purposes. Preparing management accounts
- Handling annual audit, addressing audit issues/ queries.
Interested applicants should forward their CV/application within 7 days of this advertisement. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.