- Establishes links and co-operations of trust between residents of the project’s herder communities and the project
- Develops networks and relationships, liaises with a variety of community representatives, such as leaders, local authorities, religious leaders, NGOs and other relevant stakeholders, youth groups, co-operations, associations, women, and men
- Proactively and continuously gathers information and analyses social, environmental, and political developments of selected target populations, feeds information back to the project, and assures observations are taken into account when designing, implementing, and evaluating interventions
- Mobilizes the population to participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of project activities
- Pursues intervention approaches aimed at strengthening target groups’ self-help capacities, assures community development activities are carried out in a participative way
- Upholds quality assurance measures and proactively suggests necessary changes, improvements, and initiatives in support of the program’s effectiveness
- Pursues cooperation, regular contact, and dialogue with all programme components
- Partners, relevant stakeholders, and GIZ programs to assure the highest possible use of synergies
- Contributes to evaluation activities, monitoring and reporting, documentation and communication in accordance to GIZ communication – and reporting regulations
- Performs other tasks as and if requested by the Head of Programme
- Undertakes approved business trips within Nigeria and – rarely – outside Nigeria if requested for effective implementation of activities and/or for planning and professional development purposes
- Assures to the best of his / her abilities to pursue the do no harm approach in planning, implementing, reporting, communicating, and evaluating project interventions
- Assures at all times a professional approach and adherence to GIZ rules and regulations and represents GIZ values in all activities and behavior.
Required qualifications, competencies, and experience:
- University Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Peace and Conflict Development or in a similar area.
- 2 - 4 years of professional experience with national and international organizations in the field of community development and project implementation
- 2 years of experience in community work as part of the development and/or humanitarian projects
- Ability to analyze, present, visualize data and practical skills in the use of office, statistical, graphical software
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of M&E software’s and Excel
- Proven good working knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications (e.g, MS Office and Excel)
- Proven excellent knowledge of the English language, both oral and written
- Good communication skills
- A good team player who is willing to take on responsibility
Desired additional qualifications, competencies, and experience:
- Fluency in Fulfulde is a must-criteria
- Knowledge of GIZ standards and procedures is an advantage
- Knowledge of resource-related conflicts and dynamics in the region of the Plateau State (Central Nigeria)
- Capacity to work independently, structure tasks, comprehend new topics quickly
- Ability to work in multi-functional working groups
- Excellent writing and communication skills, a high frustration tolerance.
- Willingness to undergo frequent travel to selected project sites in the LGAs of Bassa, Bokkos, Riyom, Shendam, Wase, and Mangu
You are kindly requested to submit your CV and letter of motivation as one document with complete contact details via email to:
(Please include vacancy no. 074 in mail subject)
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.