DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overseeing the day to day management of the business development team.
- Devising strategies for driving sales growth across the business.
- Analysing existing approaches to the development of business and making changes where appropriate.
- Setting targets for new business development for the business development managers and executives.
- Interviewing and hiring new members of the business development team.
- Implementing new business initiatives across the new business and sales teams.
- Working closely with Regional and Zonal Managers to generate new business within large accounts.
- Identifying sales opportunities as a result of market changes.
- Setting up meetings with prospective customers to sell the company’s products and services.
- Implementing sales incentives to drive sales performance within the team.
- Acting as a key contact for large customer accounts.
- Forming strategic partnerships with other companies to leverage their existing networks.
- Setting tough but achievable revenue targets for the business development managers.
- Negotiating sales contracts with customers and ensuring their profitability.
- Working with the marketing team to devise marketing materials and tools to support new business teams.
- Monitoring customer satisfaction with existing clients to ensure excellent service delivery.
- First degree in any Business Administration or any related discipline from a reputable higher institution
- A Master’s degree from a reputable institution is highly recommended
- A minimum of 10 years post qualification experience of which at least 8 years must have been in the financial sector and 4 years in a supervisory role
- Business relationship management
- Attention to Details
- Performance Under Pressure
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Management
- Selling skills
- Consultative selling skills
- Customer Service Disposition
- Excellent communication skills
- Interpersonal relationship
- Retentive memory
- Personal effectiveness
- Result Oriented