9 Payment Service Bank
Nigeria - Lagos | Full Time | NGN Confidential
- Advise 9PSB on legal matters relating to contracts and assist departments in the closure of legal responsibilities to the best interest of 9PSB.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the unit’s activities.
- Continuously assist in reviewing the unit/team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with individual departments & divisions and provide advice on legal issues arising from contracts.
- Review and vet contracts and legal agreements including memoranda of understanding (MoUs) or agreement (MoAs), letters of intent, and other related documents.
- Research and proffer opinion on any legal inquiries or issues of a contractual nature arising out of the interpretation and application of contracts and agreements.
- Ensure that terms and conditions set out in contractual documentation are legally valid, consistent with 9PSB’s policies, rules, and regulations, and are in the organization’s best interest.
- Coordinate with tender committees and concerned departments/divisions in drafting and finalizing tender documentation. Provide legal assistance to tender committees in tender amendment, tender process management, contract negotiation, and finalization.
- Provide assistance in litigation by or against contractors or other parties arising out of contracts, agreements, or similar documentation.
- Collaborate with external counsel to ensure effective case management strategy and adequate representation in Litigation matters involving the Bank.
- Assist in monitoring Litigation (including any alternative dispute resolution mechanisms) by and against the Bank with a view to mitigating the Bank’s, if any, in matters. Assist the Head, Legal Services in acting as a liaison for external counsel’s contact.
- Ensure the setup and maintenance of a database of all contractual documents, litigation (& dispute-related matters), and related legal documentation.
- Ensure safe custody of all tenders and contracts.
- Assist in implementing the unit’s work programs and plans in line with agreed-upon procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the unit to optimize performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Ensure adequate training and development is delivered to employees in the Contract and Tender review and management processes.
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the unit/function.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Head, Legal Services.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Legal Services.
- First degree in Law.
- Postgraduate/ professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Banking experience is required.
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of work experience.
- Banking Regulations
- Legislation and Compliance
- Contract Drafting
- Dispute/Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution
- Team Management
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
Create Your Profressional CV Now