- Participate and collaborate with the crew during daily huddle to ensure safety, quality and productivity goals are set.
- Ensures proper installation of wall ties, flashings and laps of paper to job specific standards.
- Measure distance from reference points and mark guidelines to lay out work, using plumb bobs and levels.
- Shapes brick, block, or stone in preparation for final setting with use of chisels and/or power saws.
- Spreads mortar along mortar guides to ensure joints of uniform thickness.
- Spreads mortar over brick, block, or stone and foundation with trowel and sets masonry in place by hand or with aid of a forklift or a crane.
- Aligns brick, block, or stone with plumbline and finishes joints with pointing trowel.
- Fasten or fuse brick or other building material to structure with wire clamps, anchor holes, torch, or cement.
- Remove excess mortar with trowels and hand tools, and finish mortar joints with jointing tools, for a sealed, uniform appearance.
- Construct corners by fastening in plumb position a corner pole or building a corner pyramid of bricks, and filling in between the corners using a line from corner to corner to guide each course, or layer, of brick.
- Lay and align bricks, blocks, or tiles to build or repair structures or high-temperature equipment, such as cupola, kilns, ovens, or furnaces.
- Other duties as assigned by the Foreman or Superintendent.
Qualification: 3 - 5 year of equivalent work experience
- Attention to detail with demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness
- Conserves materials and meets productivity set forth by supervisors
- Observes all safety procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses and maintains equipment and materials properly.
Location: Bonny Island (Not Limited to)