- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure ongoing feasibility.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Determine quality, quantity, and timing of deliveries.
- Approving purchase orders and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Preparing procurement reports.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes in balance in buyer-supplier power
- Minimum qualification of HND in Management Science or any related discipline
- Professional certification in Purchasing and supply will be an added advantage
- Proven experience managing supply chain operations in an Aluminum industry will be an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Location: Mainland, Lagos