- Meeting with project managers to discuss design and colour choices.
- Responsible for preparing parts and assemblies for painting.
- Mix paint and other materials according to specifications or formula.
- Follow company requirements to select paint, and match colours of paint following specified colour charts by clients.
- Removing rust and other loose materials using acid or a wire brush.
- Filling, sanding, and smoothing surfaces that need to be sprayed.
- Applying masking tape and coverings over areas that are not being sprayed.
- Selecting and mixing the required coating liquids.
- Selecting and attaching the correct spray nozzle to create the desired spray pattern.
- Cleaning spray cans, nozzles, and other spraying equipment after each spray job.
- Inspecting and assessing spray coatings after the paint has dried.
- Act in a responsible manner and plan your working day according to instructions given to you by your superiors, ensuring that in a reasonable time allocation, you collect all PPE and equipment necessary to perform your tasks prior to you moving to the work site.
- To ensure that you are aware of the hazards pertaining to the tasks you are performing and ensuring that you always wear suitable PPE and use suitable equipment.
Academic Qualification / Experience:
- Minimum of WASC /NABTEB/ OND in Technical discipline and not less than 2years working experience in spray painting.
- Professional qualification will be an added advantage
- The candidate should possess Trade Test Certificate from a recognized technical institution
- Experience working as a spray painter.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- In-depth knowledge of paint mixing and spraying techniques.
- Ability to see subtle colour differences.
- Experience with breathing masks and protective clothing.
- Ability to work with acid and harsh chemicals.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- When not performing your primary function as a Spray Painter, you are expected to take part in any other activities associated with the functioning of the department including but not limited to brush painting and housekeeping activities.
Location: Bonny Island (Not Limited to)