•Preparation of tax returns, payments necessary paperwork and reports.
•Tax planning and budgetary control
•Offer support and guidance during audits
•Financial and management advisory
•Ensure compliance with regulations and keep track of industry trends and changes related to taxes.
•Assess and research difficult tax issues to proffer solutions.
•Reduce the organization’s tax liability
•Prepare accurate quarterly and annual tax reports
•Bsc in accounting, finance or similar field.
•Post graduate degree such as MSc in taxation or other accounting field is an added advantage.
•Membership of bodies such as CIMA, CITA, ICAN and ANAN is also recognized.
Skills and requirements
• Good understanding of MS office and accounting software
• In-depth understanding of accounting and bookkeeping processes
• Strong attention to detail with great analytical and mathematical skills.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management and multitasking skills
• Sound up to date knowledge of tax laws and regulations.
• Strong knowledge of accounting laws and procedures.
•Good use of taxation and other accounting software is required.
Work experience (3-6 years)
• Minimum of 3 years proven work experience as a tax accountant
•Relevant experience effectively working in a team.