- Provides strategic and technical support and contributes to the development of (online) programme activities incl. development of operational plans
- Prepares, organises, coordinates and implements programme interventions and activities at the local level, e.g. workshops, training, partnership and networking events, technical and accompanying qualification modules for trainees
- Assists in the identification of partners and the analysis of capacity needs of the stakeholders involved, identify synergies and promote as well as coordinates activities with stakeholders and partners
- Supports the identification of consultants and trainers, drafting of ToRs and oversees the quality control of the performance of national and international consultants
- Oversees participants’ (trainee) management in the context of the envisaged pilot qualification and mobility partnership, e.g. steering of the participants’ selection process, coordination of qualification modules and support to participants throughout the PAM pilot activities
- Supports in monitoring the results and progress of programme activities in Nigeria and contributes to annual reporting▪ Supports and takes responsibility for the achievement of any other task as needed and assigned by the management
- Carries out field visits within Nigeria in accordance with the requirements of the programme
Communication, Networking and Cooperation:
- Maintains regular contact and dialogue with programme partners and relevant stakeholders, mainly the involved promoted TVET institutes, companies and associations to cooperate towards the programme’s objectives
- Assists with PR work, networks and cooperates with other relevant programmes/projects
- Collects, analyses and circulates relevant information, disseminates programme experiences and lessons learnt and ensures knowledge transfer within the relevant GIZ structures
- Adequately labels and uploads all relevant documents and products of the programme on agreed DMS folders as well as MS Teams channels in line with GIZ’s regulations
- Prepares appropriate input for annual reports for the commissioning party and contributes to other reports as required ▪ Contributes to technical concepts, guidelines and/or manuals as assigned
- Assists in preparing, conducting and documenting internal meetings, e.g. virtual exchange meetings (“Jour-fixe”) with the PAM team in Germany
- Assists in preparing, conducting and documenting meetings with partners.
- Assists in keeping track of processes and actions required.
- May be assigned other tasks as required.
Required Qualifications, Competencies and Experience Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Technical areas such as Education, Economics, Business Administration, Engineering, Social sciences or similar
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience with national and international organisations, private sector companies or government institutions
- Profound knowledge in at least one of the following themes: vocational education and training; migration-related topics; migration issues of Nigeria; employment promotion; intercultural / labour psychology; work experience in one of these fields is an asset.
- Experience in project management
- International exposure through work experience abroad
- Work experience in one of the following sectors is an asset: Construction, Mechanical and Plant Engineering
- Proven excellent knowledge of the English language, both oral and written
- Exceptional analytical, conceptional and organisational skills
- Excellent and effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Service orientation, proactive working style and affinity for agile working methods
- Proven good working knowledge of computer applications (e.g. MS Office Package)
- Willingness to strengthen skills and competencies as required by the tasks to be performed in line with measures agreed with the supervisor and management
- Willingness to travel to the field and other programmes offices in Nigeria
- A good team player who is willing to take on responsibility
Other knowledge, additional competencies:
- Work experience in the sector of international cooperation
- Knowledge in issues of gender equality
- Knowledge of German would be an advantage
You are kindly requested to submit your CV and letter of motivation as one document with complete contact details (Please include vacancy no. 065 in mail subject)
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted