Activities and Deliverables:
- Support in implementation and project management in close coordination with the component head in Abuja and programme management in Berlin
- Contribute to the support and technical design of the foreign energy policy dialogue with Nigeria in close coordination with the German Embassy as well as with the political partners and the stakeholders of the German Nigerian Energy Partnership
- Contribute to advising the German Foreign Office and the German Embassy on hydrogen and energy transition issues; and regular reporting on energy policy developments in Nigeria
- Supporting the networking and involvement of political partners, private sector actors, think tanks, civil society and EU representatives
- Assist in the implementation of capacity-building formats for Nigerian ministries and other Nigerian stakeholders (e.g. technical workshops, study tours, expert studies)
- Plan, prepare and conduct high-profile conferences, workshops, study trips and other events
- Provide support to research and analytical work
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of the Head of the component
Required qualifications, competencies and experience Qualifications
- A degree in political science, economics, engineering, geosciences or comparable academic qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in public and private sectors, ideally related to the energy transition, renewable energies and business development. Expertise in the field of energy policy and hydrogen is an advantage
- Experience working with government stakeholders in national and/or regional policy development and implementation in energy transition activities.
- Experience across multiple contexts and an understanding of international policy debates and challenges in climate and economics.
- Proven experience in building up and maintaining cooperation networks and partnerships
- Proven conceptual and strategic skills, high self-motivation and the ability to work under pressure
Required Experince and Skills
- Excellent writing, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills across a range of stakeholders
- Proven ability to network and develop partnerships across a range of stakeholders and track record of managing complex multi-stakeholder strategies and plans.
- Strong understanding of energy transition issues including the global environment and development dynamics that influence resource allocation by governments and development organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in relationship management with senior leaders and high-level audiences.
- Business fluent in English. German is an advantage
- 24 months, preferably 15th August 2021 - 14th August 2023.